We welcome Michael Robinson, who is our 1th new member today, bringing our total to 336,607 members.
|eppraisals.com Appraiser Terms and Expert Code of Ethics|
|Preemption - The laws and government regulations of the country, state, region or municipality in which eppraisals.com online appraisers are practicing supersede the Code of Ethics.|
DUTY TO CONTINUE EDUCATION
- Continuing Education -eppraisals.com online appraisers shall continually expand their knowledge of valuation theory and their expertise in their specific area of product knowledge.
- Current Laws and Regulations - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall be knowledgeable of the current laws and government regulations of their country, state, region and municipality relating to the appraisal profession and to their particular field of expertise.
- Honesty - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall be honest and trustworthy.
- Fraudulent/Dishonest - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall not be a party to any fraudulent, dishonest, or malicious acts.
- Representations - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall honestly and fairly represent their professional competency, qualifications, facilities, and capabilities. eppraisals.com online appraisers shall not exaggerate or misrepresent such qualifications in any format.
- Appraisal Assignment - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times in conducting the appraisal assignment.
- Market Information - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall not misrepresent market information or any other type of information obtained during the appraisal process.
- Personal Property Information - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall not suppress any pertinent information about the property being appraised.
- Personal Objectivity - A eppraisals.com online appraiser shall act as an informed professional who objectively expresses knowledgeable opinions as to the value of the property being appraised at given points of time and within specified circumstances.
- Conflict of Interest- Under no circumstances will a wiw2u appraiser offer to purchase an item from a client which they are appraising. Any contact with the client will be conducted through the wiw2u website and an appraiser should not attempt to directly contact a customer or provide their contact information to a customer unless approved by wiw2u.
- Conclusion. - A eppraisals.com online appraiser shall arrive at an independent numerical conclusion based on knowledge, thorough research and experience without the undue influence of any other party.
- Opinions - A eppraisals.com online appraiser shall not give advice or opinions which are not within the scope of the appraisal process. An appraiser may, from time to time, give their opinion regarding the validity and/or authenticity of an item, in which case the Authenticity Understanding applies. Through our eBay Opinion service an appraiser may also, from time to time, provide their opinion regarding aspects of an online auction listing including, but not limited to, the accuracy and/or integrity of the listing details and any aspects related to the listing.
THE RELATIONSHIP OF eppraisals.com AND APPRAISER
- Confidentiality - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall maintain the confidentiality of their relationship with eppraisals.com regarding the property that is being appraised.
- Access - A eppraisals.com's online appraiser shall respect the right of eppraisals.com 's access to all documents and information concerning appraisal work.
- Diligence - A eppraisals.com online appraisers shall apply due diligence and make himself/herself reasonably available during all stages of the appraisal process.
- Conflict of Interest - eppraisals.com online appraisers must avoid situations which represent a conflict of interest. Online appraisers may not be listed as a buyer on the eppraisals.com website.
- Expertise - eppraisals.com online appraisers should accept only appraisal assignments which fall within their field of expertise unless they are willing to take steps to see that the necessary research is done.
- Reporting Income- By entering into this contract with WIW2U appraisers acknowledge that they are solely responsible for reporting any income in their home country and abiding by all local taxation regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO eppraisals.com AND THE CLIENT
- Policy Statements - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall not, unless authorized, make any oral or written policy statement on behalf of eppraisals.com™
- Privileged Information - eppraisals.com online appraisers shall maintain the confidentiality of privileged information known to them by virtue of their position.
- Conduct - eppraisals.com online appraiser shall deal honestly and fairly with all clients and other business associates, treating them with professional courtesy and dignity.
- Disparagement - A eppraisals.com online appraiser shall not make disparaging statements or implication regarding a colleague.
- A eppraisals.com online appraiser shall not interfere with his/her right to practice, serve, or compete to the full extent of the colleagues' knowledge, competence, and abilities.
Concerning The Security Exchange
Online Appraisers are prohibited from buying items through The Security Exchange.
Any appraisers in violation shall be expelled from the site immediately.
ENFORCEMENT OF THIS CODE
- Violation of Standards - eppraisals.com shall investigate all instances of eppraisals.com online appraisers who have been accused of willfully violating these standards.
- Disciplinary Action - Disciplinary action, if any, for violation of any portion of this Code shall be immediate dismissal as a eppraisals.com online appraiser.